Feb 21, 2011

Carson Ryan Swanson

Carson Ryan Swanson was born on February 8, 2011 at 7:46 pm.  He weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long.  He is adorable and Ryan and I couldn't be more happy. 

On the way to hospital! Ready for Not!


The day started off at 6am when Ryan and I arrived at the hospital for induction. They started me on Pitocin to give me a jump start to labor.  The morning went well with mild contractions that were bearable and I could live with. My mom and Ryan were with me throughout the day and were great supporters. 

By 12:30 pm, I was only dilated to a 3 so Dr. Campbell broke my water.  By 1:00 pm I was in full labor and the contractions were CRAZY! YIKES!  Talk about painful!! I labored until 3:00 pm and then thought "well I've experienced labor/contractions and am now ready for the epidural!"  My mom stayed with me through this process as Ryan was a little unsure and did not want to pass out. After the epidural, I felt GREAT! What a good invention they have created with that drug!

At 4:30. Dr. Campbell came to check me and I was dilated to a 9.5 cm. I thought, "well this is going to be easy, a few pushes and we will have our baby."  Well, not exactly! I started to push at 5:22 pm and thought I was doing good. However, little Mr. Carson continued to be stubborn up until the end.  I ended up pushing for 2 hrs and 45 minutes which seemed even longer than that.  Ryan was a great support and encouraged me the whole time. 

When Carson arrived, I have never felt so many emotions in my life.  He was perfect. Ryan and I were overwhelmed with emotions for our new baby and the fact that he is a boy! We did not want to break the cycle of having a girl first.  All my college friends first born babies have been boys. 

We were able to bring Carson home on Feb 10 and have had many visitors since then. Grandma Bassett was able to stay with us for a few nights and was a great support for Carson but more for Ryan and I.  Carson is doing well. He was losing weight for a while but is now gaining it all back and we have our first 2 week check up on Feb 25.  I cant believe that tomorrow he will be 2 weeks already. 


We all feel so blessed by family and friends for their support and love!  He is blessing from GOD and we are excited for this new journey of our lives to begin. 












2 comments:

  1. So nice talking to you last night!!!! You guys are soo blessed!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that everything went well for you! Carson is a handsome little boy & he's lucky to have you two as parents. Enjoy your new family of three.

    Oh - & YES! epidural = the best thing ever invented, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete