Dec 1, 2010

31 weeks and counting...

Hello Everyone. I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Ryan and I had a quiet Thanksgiving this year with just the two of us at home.  I made all the Thanksgiving fixings and it was delicious (I must say)! We had dinner, hung Christmas lights, played Wii and relaxed. We are realizing that we need to take these remaining weeks to hang out together before chaos strikes! 

Two weekends ago, Ryan and I completed our Family Birth class. It was very informative and interesting.  We feel much more prepared for the hospital visit and actual birth. Ryan is all about me getting the epidural as soon as I can so I will not have to be in pain.  We'll see how this birth thing goes. I am not mapping out a birth plan as I know it can go completely opposite of what we want to happen.  Working in a hospital, I think makes me much more logical on medical interventions.....

Nice Belly Pic Ryan!

 
Last Wednesday I turned the 30 week mark! YEAH! It is really getting closer now. I have been feeling really well.  The 12 hour work days are getting these feet a little swollen at night but that is about it.  Ryan is wonderful and gives some great foot rubs. I had a MD appointment on Nov 16th and everything looked well. Baby Swanson heart rate was 140 bpm and I am measuring at 31 weeks. I have been checking my blood sugars 2 times a day and as of now they are looking good.  My MD explained that about 50% of pregnant women who have gestational diabetes will have to use insulin. I am hoping this will not be the case for me but am remaining realistic at the same time. Whatever I need to do to keep the baby healthy. 

I will have an ultrasound in a few weeks to take another peak at this little one and then will have regular stress tests done to monitor the baby once the due date is closer. I start to go to MD appointments every 2 weeks now which is fun.  I have remained the same weight for a month or so now which is strange because this belly is getting soo much bigger! I still cant believe I have so many weeks left. YIKES!

I hope all is well with everyone! Love to you all.

31 weeks...

4 comments:

  1. You look AMAZING, Amanda! I can't wait to see you at your shower (and yes, tell Ryan pregnancy looks great on him, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that belly! You look fantastic! Glad to hear things are going ok with GD. You're in the single week digits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great Amanda! Can't wait to see you and that belly next weekend!

    ReplyDelete